Monday, July 20, 2009

Amazing Grace

I came across this quote in the May 2009-August 2009 Forget~Me~Not Newsletter and I wanted to share it.

"I've learned that unbelievably awful things can and do happen. In truth, they are not such rare, isolated events. Each of us has a story that would break someones heart. Despite the grief and the unfairness of it all, we keep going. There are chores to be done. There are people who still need our care. There is a life to be led.

I've realized that, regardless of the heartache, we may choose the moments in which we live.

I've learned that love creates a tremendous capacity for grace. And perhaps it is that grace that keeps us moving forward."
~Author Unknown

I find comfort in this quote because it's so true. Terrible things happen, but somehow we have to find the strength to keep going. My strength comes from my faith in the Lord and the support of my WONDERFUL husband. I know that EVERYTHING, good and bad, happens for a reason and that God has a plan for my life. The Lord will fulfil his purpose for me. ~ Psalm 138:8 He has already blessed me with amazing opportunities that I wouldn't have gotten, had I not endured what I have. I have made some new, WONDERFUL friends who are AMAZING, STRONG women. I know God has chosen this path for me for a reason. I want to help other people in any way that I can. I will forever be grateful to the people who helped me during the most difficult time in my life. I will never stop sharing my story. If it touches one person, it was worth sharing. Not a day goes by that I don't think about my little angel. My baby is just as much a part of my life in Heaven as he/she would be on Earth. I am not dwelling on what could have been. I am rejoicing in the gift that God gave my husband and I. Though it was only for a little while, my life has been changed in a big way. I have learned so much in my journey through grief and healing. And it is through God's love and amazing grace that I am able to keep moving forward.

We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance , character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us. ~Romans 5:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment